KITCHEN GARDEN benefits on health:
1. clean air – one of the major problem with city life is high pollution level.
it is very important to plant more trees so that we can have fresh air.
plant absorbs carbon dioxide from air and releases oxygen.
oxygen is must for the survival of human beings.
so if in a society, everyone make good use of their balcony or courtyard to plant herbs, flowers or trees
then the quality of air will improve drastically.
2. herbs are detoxifying – fertilizers and pesticides have become part of our food chain
so its very important that we should add herbs in our food
which detoxifies the chemicals from our body
few herbs and plants which are either detoxifying agent or are easy to plant are:
lemon grass, coriander/cilantro, mint, tulsi, celery, fenugreek, spinach etc
although, we can buy these herbs from market also but again they will be grown using pesticides.
so better to grow these herbs at home.
3. aesthetic value: a well maintained garden is very pleasing to the eyes and looks aesthetic.
it uplifts your mood and make you more positive.
4. creative hobby – everyone should have some creative hobby in life.
otherwise our energy become stagnant or destructive.
and gardening is a very creative and fulfilling activity.
because you are nurturing the plants and helping them.
5. grounding and getting connected to the earth: one of the major problem with modern living
is that we are totally uprooted from the mother earth and have lost touch with it.
we wear shoes, sleep on beds and rarely comes in direct contact with earth.
according to ancient sages, our body is made of five components
that is earth, space, ether, air and fire.
so it is very important to stay connected with earth and thus stay grounded.
gardening connects us back with the mother earth.
6. plants are good for aura or etheric body: every plant has an aura around them
which is healing for people who comes in contact with them.
in india, we know the important of tulsi (holy basil), peepal and neem tree.
plants add a lot of green energy to your aura and thus relaxes you and make you more peaceful.