In the name of God, the Gracious, the [Quran Chapter 28]43. We gave Moses the Scripture after We had annihilated the previous generations; as an illumination for mankind, and guidance, and mercy, so that they may remember.
44. You were not on the Western Side when We decreed the command to Moses, nor were you among the witnesses.
45. But We established many generations, and time took its toll on them. Nor were you among the people of Median, reciting Our revelations to them. But We kept sending messengers.
46. Nor were you by the side of the Mount when We proclaimed. Rather, it was a mercy from your Lord, that you may warn people who received no warner before you, so that they may take heed.
47. Otherwise, if a calamity befell them as a result of what their hands have perpetrated, they would say, "Our Lord, if only You had sent us a messenger, we would have followed Your revelations, and been among the believers."
48. But when the truth came to them from Us, they said, "If only he was given the like of what was given to Moses." Did they not disbelieve in what was given to Moses in the past? They said, "Two works of magic backing one another." And they said, "We are disbelieving in both."
49. Say, "Then bring a scripture from God, more conductive to guidance than both, and I will follow it, if you are truthful."
50. But if they fail to respond to you, know that they follow their fancies. And who is more lost than him who follows his fancy without guidance from God? God does not guide the unjust people.
51. We have delivered the Word to them, that they may remember.
52.Those to whom We gave the Scripture before it believe in it.
53.When it is recited to them, they say, "We have believed in it; it is the truth from our Lord; we were Muslims prior to it."
54.These will be given their reward twice, because they persevered; and they counter evil with good; and from Our provisions to them, they give.
55.And when they hear vain talk, they avoid it, and say, "We have our deeds, and you have your deeds; peace be upon you; we do not desire the ignorant."
56.You cannot guide whom you love, but God guides whom He wills, and He knows best those who are guided.
57.And they say